Published Monday, July 24, 2006 by Klav.
Join your PSA 102 friends and neighbors Tuesday, Aug. 1 at Sherwood Recreation Center (10th & G St. NE) for a community celebration against crime. Among the festivities will be a live band, DJ, moon bounce, face painting, grilled food, and drinks. It all happens from 6-9 p.m.
National Night Out is an annual event, sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch, that takes place on the first Tuesday in August. Each year, the Metropolitan Police Department actively participates in National Night Out by rallying community members throughout the District of Columbia to join with neighbors and police officers in their PSAs to be a part of this annual event.
The National Night Out campaign involves citizens, law enforcement agencies, civic groups, businesses, neighborhood organizations and local officials from 9,500 communities from all 50 states, US territories, Canadian cities and military bases worldwide.
National Night Out is designed to:
* Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
* Generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime programs;
* Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
* Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
See you Tuesday, Aug. 1!
Published Monday, July 17, 2006 by Klav.
MPD Police Service Area (PSA 102) Lt. Sharon McInnis is compiling a list of nuisance issues within PSA 102 that D.C. municipal serve agencies potentially could address during the current “crime emergency.” These issues could include, but are not limited to:
* Broken street signs and lights;
* Missing street signs;
* Abandoned cars;
* Broken sidewalks;
* Illegal posters;
* Broken windows;
* Piles of trash or debris in alleys or private property;
* Overgrown weeds or brush in alleys, or over sidewalks;
Please be as specific as possible about the issue and provide a precise address. No need to provide your name. The deadline is July 20. Please email them directly to Lt. McInnis at: Sharon.McInnis@dc.gov
Published Tuesday, July 11, 2006 by Klav.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
(SOURCE: Metropolitan Police Dept.)
WHAT: Police Service Area (PSA) 102 monthly meeting
WHEN: July 11 (2nd Tuesday of each month)
TIME: 7-8:30 p.m.
WHERE: Sherwood Recreation Center , 640 10th St NE
* Review crime stats
* Notify community that the PSA 102 listerv on Yahoo no longer functions; identify NELink and First District listserv (MPD-1) on Yahoo as the alternatives
* Continue using the Partnership for Problem Solving process to identify and address the challenges to public safety on H St
* Review residents' PPS input from June 13 meeting;
* Discuss and create consensus on most pressing/resolvable problem(s) with residents and local business stakeholders;
* Begin discussion of strategies to reduce this problem and develop next steps plan.
* Open forum